Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Robert Griffin III



RGIII has always been a stand-out in my eyes. Anyone who plays for the glory of God is.
Colossians 3:23-24 says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

It seems to me as if Griffin lives by this verse on a daily basis. As an athlete myself, it is extremely encouraging to know that there are incredibly gifted athletes who do the right thing. So often fame is accompanied by pride and too much ambition, but RGIII learned very early on that Christ enables us to do all things.

After winning a Heisman, the thought that RGIII will not return to Baylor University  next year has crossed my mind many times. Anticipation and worry haunt to fill my mind, but hope and the knowledge that he will base his decision off of answers to prayer reassure me that he will go where the Lord directs him.
This video of some of Griffin's highlights gives me the chills, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMWjmfwhCg especially at 4:11 when he stiff arms an opponent in the "Heisman stance."

Robert Griffin III inspires me. I hope he does the same to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment